Saturday, July 7, 2007

smoking bans

I have never smoked a ban. Never really even had any desire to smoke a ban. If I don't know what it is then I wouldn't smoke it even if I did smoke. Maybe I do want to smoke a ban? "Wowww this is one heavy ban man." Is a smoking ban a big bunch of stuff the government doesn't allow us to do piled up under some wet spruce twigs and set to smolder? I guess that might be defined as a 'smoking' ban. "Hey, look over there! Isn't that a smoking ban?" or, "Shouldn't someone put that ban out before going to bed? It's still smoking for christs sake!"

Maybe a ban is some living thing?
"Honey would you put the ban outside I think it's smoking again."
"What dear?" I didn't hear ya."
" I said one of the bans is smoking."
"What dear?"
"It's a smoking Ban!"
" Oooh ! would you put it out please?"
sigh

Definitely during the summer months we might want to think twice about a smoking ban as it happens to be the fire season here in Alaska. Therefore I suggest that we take all the smoking bans and put them inside during times of heightened fire awareness.

I was walking around downtown Anchorage today looking for a store I know to exist but wasn't quite sure where it was. It was a nice day and tourists can be pretty funny looking so I thought I might make a time of it and just walk around while casually looking for the place. I took a very distinct notice of the new scent around town. They must have put all the smoking bans out on their ears today from the bars and restaurants. One would suggest that after seeing all the great plumes rising around the exteriors of these establishments I would know what a ban is. But I couldn't see it very clearly given all the large groups of people huddled together looking at it. I surmised that the ban must sit somewhere in the middle of each grouping of people. This deduction taken because of the great halo of smoke surrounding each group.
Sometimes the interest in these smoking bans was so great that I had to nearly walk off the sidewalk and into the street to get around the ban viewers.

I think it might have been a bad idea this smoking ban. Not everyone cares about it but now it gets in everyones way whether you want it to or not. It used to be that anyone who wanted to go see the smoking bans could enter their own favorite establishments to watch them smolder. If someone didn't like the way a certain ban smoldered they could always go elsewhere for a more appropriate smolder or to someplace where the bans aren't allowed to smolder at all. In time the free market system would have determined which place should and which place shouldn't install smoke bans.
And then everyone would have 'freedom of ban' in the matter.

That's right!

BAN FREEDOM for all !!!!!!!

[wait a minute..........hmmmm?.....]

.

1 comment:

Shana said...

I will have to keep a look out for those bans....