Monday, October 15, 2007

just one pill will make everything alright

At least that's what they say on those important sections of self importance so important to our degree of happiness in our so very important lives. You know, the commercials?

So the other evening I saw a commercial for some pharmaceutical company trying to push their greed down our throats in the form of a pill. telling us in their oh so trustworthy way that it would help us with our depression. because they want to "Help" us, they are there for us, they are our...........friends ;)
During the candy coated sickeningly sweet aural portraits of the list of disclaimers they told us that one of the side effects would be thoughts of suicide.

I'm not really sure if I need to write anything else. I think that one or 2 run on sentences is all it takes to sum up the ethics of, (pick one, any one), the drug companies.Besides, my renegade brain cells say that's enough. They have threatened me with random acts of drooling blather when I least expect it. They will get theirs. They won't see it coming. I'll make sure ov dat eye wil. de won git da bess uf mee de won.

1 comment:

john r mclay said...

Heidi and I have spoken of these things. Thoughts of suicide, anal bleeding, nausea, cramps, fevers......might rather be depressed so I could feel better.