Monday, January 7, 2008

A what? A movie?

In 1999 I had an idea to make a movie. I had much of the idea in my head but I had no script, no camera, no.... cut to the chase- I had no clue. Life happens and plans must be diverted or put off. Well,it's back in a big way. I still have very little clue but what I do have is a script, sort of, a pro style cam on the way, and a spot where I'll be building my sets. To begin with I've since set the initial story idea aside for now because I want to do that one after I've hit the proving ground a little and really F***ed some things up before I torch my initial story inspiration. Basically I want to take a screaming run at concrete swimming pool, dive in and hope there's water. If there is no water in the pool then I expect that before I break my head I'll realize the situation and tuck and roll before I hit the bottom. There.
So, I've accepted reality reluctantly and realized that this thing is not going to be some grand feature film headed for the Oscars but a warped as hell, abstracted, dark, ominous, and twisted tale weaved into an 8 to 18 minute short film. Hopefully, if it gets accepted and shown in any festivals, people will leave their chairs thinking and saying "WOW, what the F**k was that?" No, not "Cool!" or "Gee, that was really neat". No I am fully expecting and hunting for "What the F**k was that?" You see, there are a thousand films that people leave thinking it was really cool or something then leave and that's it. I want them to, whether they liked it or not to have it swimming around through their cranial wrinkles as their damaged synapses search for a reason. I want it to linger.
I want it to be such a question that the brain dehydrates and starts feeding off the eyeball juices to keep itself going in the search for the answer.
I have a lot of work to do.
.
.
.
.

2 comments:

john r mclay said...

I think, all that know you, have said, "what the f**k was that!?" on numerous occasions. The general public shall fear...
looking forward to it.

Heidi said...

I am also waiting and watching....I love movies that run around my Cranial wrinkles.