Sunday, December 7, 2008

Global Warming VS pollution in general. The skewing of a reasonable debate.

Just for the point of clarification. I live in An earth sheltered home.I just thought that before I get into the meat of the subject here that I dispel first any forethought that I am any kind of greenie, tree hugger, etc etc etc, or something. As a matter of fact I am very much not any sort of radical such as that. I live here, bought this place, and believe in this type of structure for very few reasons. It just makes damn sense from a variety of viewpoints. Number one is savings of the almighty dollar and the desire to NOT pay the subsidized, government created monopolistic utilities any more than I need too. And, I love the location and setting.
I'm frankly sick of the hypocrisy. I take the stance that pollution, in just about every definition, including that which causes an exacerbation of the greenhouse effect, effects us in a whole myriad of ways. First and foremost it is a direct infringement on our personal well being.
Now, to further clarify something. I do think the world is warming up. Do I think it is all at the root our own cause? Of course not. I'm sick and tired of the media touting only part of the issue to cause such alarm. Look at the facts of science. THE WHOLE DAMNED SOLAR SYSTEM IS HEATING UP! Yes, all of it! this is not just a problem on earth and I really don't care at all if it's a cyclical event or not. (I will not fall trap to any argument otherwise that purportedly justifies itself by our cold summer here. Those are also easily explained if any one feels the need to do the research. But I will not get into that discussion or argument here as it really has no viable application to this post.) It is everywhere in our solar system. The issue here is that we are producing enough pollution in a variety of fashions that exacerbates the problem intensely. It just confuses me no end that people cannot or will not get it! The debate is ludicrous. The debate should not be how can we stop global warming, The debate should be how can we limit pollution in general? this is a personal property issue! If what a company or individual does effects me then I want the legal recourse to sue their asses off. That's right, stop dumping crap into the atmosphere for me and my children to breathe, drink and ingest, to rain back down on us, to exacerbate the effect set into motion by Ra.
Yes, I'll accept not being able to go to the store to buy yet more frivolous crap that I don't really need anyway. Sorry if that hurts the economy a bit by limiting the amount of useless crap we manufacture for our consumption. At least we'll be saving some of our resources for the future generations.
Well, at least that way we won't have as much of a problem and controversy of giving the mining companies rights to drill or exhume in the future. After all our resources are essentially depleted I don't think any one will have any problem letting them mine the massive piles of trash and garbage we have so conveniently built out of our natural resources.
Hey! maybe they can mine all the gasses we have put into the atmosphere as well! why mine Jupiter's atmosphere in the future for the gas! Just keep pumping it into our own so that we can mine it here!
This of course after we've all but eliminated ourselves by filling the atmosphere with enough elements to justify the investment to mine it.
Oh, and that brings up yet another problem doesn't it? Is all of this really caused by the simple math that there are just way too many of us?
.
.

No comments: